Event Date & Location
Saturday, June 24 from noon – 5 pm
Location: G St (between 4th and 3rd Ave)
About the Event
Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth and entered to win tickets to the show of their choice in our 2023-24 Season. Ben Robinson, AO General Director, drew the winner.
CONGRATS Brian & we’ll see you at the opera!
Make a date to stop by our fun interactive PHOTO OP-era Booth at the Downtown Summer Solstice Festival, a FREE event by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. We’ll have lots of costumes and accessories from AO productions and constructed in Anchorage by AO’s Costume Shop for kids of ALL ages. Channel your ‘Inner Diva”! Try on a costume for size, experience what it’s like to be an Opera Star and snap an ’Opera-Selfie’! Meet our new General Director, Ben Robinson, learn what’s upcoming with us, and don’t miss your chance to WIN tickets to the show of your choice in our 2023-24 Season – LOVE! Trials & Tribulations.
More about the event:
The Anchorage Downtown Partnership (ADP) presents the Downtown Summer Solstice Festival to celebrate the longest day of the year, featuring live music, local vendors, local food trucks, the return of Hero Games, a mustache and beard Competition, and more!
In addition to the Anchorage Opera Booth, this is a free, family-friendly event, which will have:
- Beer gardens by Darwin’s and Uncle Joe’s (sponsored by K&L Distributors).
- Hero Games, hosted by the Alaska Club!
- We have tons of live music and performances on two stages, including the SpeNerds, Loaded Karma, 11th Airborne Division Band, Kuf Knotz & Christine Elise (on their Alaska tour).
- There will be a salsa performance with our partners Anaya Dance, and dance performances by Flow Zone
- An Alaska-made arts market with over 25 Alaska-made vendors.
- 3-on-3 basketball tournament
- Petting Zoo
- Blood Drive
- A kid zone including a climbing wall, bucking salmon, games, and face painting.
- Lynden’s Tractor “#27”. This iconic truck pioneered truck service to Alaska on the Alcan and is now a rolling museum.
For more info and updates CLICK HERE