The Anchorage Opera Company is seeking an energetic, technologically adept Office Manager for a 40 hour per week position. This position will support the General Director, Director of Operations, and office team. This person will be responsible for maintaining and organizing the office. The ideal candidate must have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; have a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, excellent computer skills, and strong initiative.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to support the efficient operation of the organization.
- Answer phone calls and manage them appropriately.
- Standard document copying
- Organizing supplies & maintaining supply inventory
- All AP and AR duties
- 1099’s and W2’s filings
- Payroll & payroll taxes
- Data entry which includes processing of donations
- Manage Donor/Ticketing database
- Maintain filing system
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, donor acknowledgement letters, reports, memos and emails
- Assist in pre-concert setup and tear down for Rehearsals, Performances, as well as Special Events
- Must have a vehicle and valid Driver’s License
- Additional tasks as needed
- High school education (or equivalent) required
- U.S. work authorization required
- At least one year of experience working in a professional office (or comparable)
- Must have Office Bookkeeping experience, A/P A/R, Quickbooks, Excel, etc.
- Experience in working for an arts organization or non-profit preferred
- The capability to learn new tasks quickly and to be a self-starter
- Familiarity with data entry/ticket sales preferred
- Familiarity with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax), working knowledge of mail processes, including how to use postage machines
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- A sharp focus on detail and accuracy, able to solve problems independently
- Professional demeanor
- Flexible – able and willing to pitch in when and where needed
- Reliability and discretion
- Ability to work in a team setting with diverse personalities
- The ability to lift between 25-50 pounds
Anchorage Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in our workforce.
To view complete job description CLICK HERE
To apply for this position CLICK HERE
Anchorage Opera acknowledges that we gather and are performing on the traditional lands of the Dena’ina Athabascans. For thousands of years the Dena’ina have been and continue to be the stewards of this land. It is with gratefulness and respect that we recognize the contributions, innovations, and contemporary perspectives of the upper Cook Inlet Dena’ina.