Head Shop Carpenter
Date Posted: February 24, 2022
Anchorage Opera seeks a part-time and seasonal Head Shop Carpenter to assist our Technical Director with the Set builds for our mainstage productions. This job would work both at our Scenic shop and at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.
Location: Anchorage, AK
Salary: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
Status: Part Time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations
All employees and volunteers of our organization are currently required to be fully vaccinated. Upon arrival to work they will daily complete a COVID log including temperature checks and will be required to wear a face mask.
Head Shop Carpenter Job Requirements
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Basic knowledge of carpentry construction techniques
- Knowledge of theatrical construction techniques is a plus but not required.
- No fear of heights
- Ability to clearly communicate with other crew members
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to follow direction
- Knowledge on how to read construction drawings is a plus but not required.
- Welding experience is a plus but not required
- Must be fully vaccinated and willing to wear a mask while working.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
To apply CLICK HERE
Anchorage Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in our workforce.
To view our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement CLICK HERE
Anchorage Opera acknowledges that we gather and are performing on the traditional lands of the Dena’ina Athabascans. For thousands of years the Dena’ina have been and continue to be the stewards of this land. It is with gratefulness and respect that we recognize the contributions, innovations, and contemporary perspectives of the upper Cook Inlet Dena’ina.