Caroling at “Christmas for the Animals”
Saturday, Dec 4 @ 2 – 5 pm
The Alaska Zoo
4731 O’Malley Rd
About the Event
The Anchorage Opera Overture Council and Anchorage Opera Chorus had a great time caroling at The Alaska Zoo‘s fun “Christmas for the Animals”! Dressed the part by Anchorage Opera, Costumière, Catherine Warden!
Zoo visitors enjoyed an entire day of the festivities! Santa was in the greenhouse and the zoo animals had their stockings hung with care at their habitats (for stuffing with your food donations)!
Thank you to everyone who stopped by our table in the Pavilion to check out all our upcoming events and shop for holiday gifts that support our non-profit too!
Our Carolers serenaded Santa! “Jingle Bells” – Oh what fun! WATCH VIDEO>>>
Hours: The zoo was open 10am to 8pm
- 11-noon: The students of the O’Malley Elementary Choir will sing by the fire.
- Noon-4pm: Artisan’s Bazaar in the Gateway Hall
- 2-5 pm:
– Caroling from the Anchorage Opera Overture Council & Chorus by the bonfire (near the old zoo entrance)
– Pictures with Santa in the greenhouse (bring your camera, masks required indoors)
– Food donations in the stockings at the habitats
- 5-8pm: Zoo Lights
Zoo members are free from 10am-8pm on December 4th
Non-members: Regular admission prices apply from 10am-5pm, then Zoo Lights rates apply from 5-8pm
ConocoPhillips Alaska is sponsoring admission to the Alaska Zoo for all healthcare workers, first responders and their immediate families attending with them during this “Share the Gratitude” event. Click here to download the event flyer (PDF) and share it with first responders and their families.
Last entry was at 7:30 pm